This Thin Mint Poke Cake makes the perfect St. Patrick’s Day dessert. This cake is so addicting that you might be tempted to eat it straight out of the pan with a fork. Not saying we’ve tried that or anything..
I am not a huge cake lover, but I do love chocolate and mint, and after eating this cake, I suddenly become a cake lover. It was so delicious, and so full of chocolatey mint flavor.
It was the best combination, and now I am salivating, just thinking about it.
If you need a quick cake recipe, we recommend this one. It is full of delicious flavor, and is so moist.
I know that’s a terrible word to describe food, but it was seriously so moist. It’s the only word I can use to truly describe this cake.
tips for making the mint frosting:
Frosting used to be so intimidating to me, until I learned the proper way to make it. Let me tell you a little secret, it’ all about room temperature.
- The butter is the most critical ingredient, in the frosting. Do not melt your butter in the microwave, or it will be runny, and you’ll have to add more powdered sugar, which will ruin the look, taste and texture.
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature when making the frosting. If you don’t have time for your butter to get to room temperature, you could also use crisco or shortening. It would work just as well.
- Your milk should also be a little bit at room temperature. You obviously don’t want to let it sit on the counter long, but we recommend letting just the two tablespoons of milk, sit out for 10 minutes.
- We also recommend using an electric mixer when making frosting. We usually use a hand mixer, but you could also use a standing mixer.
- If you only have a whisk, this will work as well, but prepare to get an arm workout in.
what could I use instead of hot fudge?
Hot fudge is a little bit rich, however it tastes amazing with this cake. If you are looking for a simple and delicious alternative to hot fudge, we recommend using Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup.
This recipe sets up in the fridge or on the counter for a while before serving, so using melted chocolate wouldn’t work very well.
We recommend using hot fudge, or Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup, for this recipe.
watch how to make another one of our favorite andes mint recipes, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it, specifically with you in mind. It has all our family favorite recipes, that we wanted to share with you.
We know how difficult it can be to make a recipe, without ever trying or seeing it before, which is why we created our channel.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you can trust even the pickiest eaters, will love it.
Watch how to make our simple and delicious Andes Mint Muddy Buddies, here:
looking for more mint inspired recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!