- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (you can use frozen or fresh – both will work)
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Bag frozen stir-fry vegetables
- Cooked rice
Our favorite Teriyaki Sauce
You can use any type of teriyaki sauce or marinade, too.
How to make slow cooker teriyaki chicken
- Spray your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner. Place your chicken in the crock pot (if you need a new one, this slow cooker is our favorite).
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over all of your chicken (we usually use 1 to 1 1/2 cups).
- Cook for about 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low. You want to make sure it is cooked, but don’t over cook it or the chicken will be dry. If you use chicken that isn’t frozen, it may cook quicker by about an hour or so and you may want to check it to make sure it doesn’t overcook.
- About 10 minutes before you eat, stir-fry the veggies on your stove top (or even your microwave). You could also throw them in your crock pot for the last 15 minutes of cooking. We would not recommend throwing your veggies into the crock pot to cook with the chicken at the beginning, because they tend to get mushy.
- Place some rice in a bowl (don’t cook your rice in your crock pot – it will be too mushy) then place your veggies over top of the rice, and then top it with your chicken. The chicken should fall right apart from cooking (we don’t cube or chop it up before putting it in the slow cooker), and tastes great shredded.
- If you need extra sauce to put on top, you can scoop whatever is leftover in the crock pot or use the last of the sauce from the bottle.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
See how to make this easy meal into lunches for the whole week.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
More Teriyaki recipes