We love having burgers in the summer, but sometimes there just isn’t time to grill up our favorite meal.
We decided to try our favorite turkey burgers in the slow cooker and the result was amazing. These awesome cheesy sandwiches may just be our new favorite go-to meal.
These Turkey Burger Joes are a combination of a cheesy hamburger and a sloppy joe. The filling is delicious!
Ingredients in Slow Cooker Turkey Joes:
- lean ground turkey
- garlic powder
- relish (or chopped pickles)
- bbq sauce
- velveeta cheese
How to make Slow Cooker Turkey Burger Joes:
- In a skillet on the stove, brown 1 pound of ground turkey.
- In a small bowl, mix together onion, garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, and relish.
- Pour sauce over the top of the browned ground turkey. Mix gently until all the turkey is covered.
- Place ground turkey into a slow cooker. Put Velveeta cheese on top of turkey.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring half way through.
- Serve on hamburger buns with your favorite toppings.
tips on making slow cooker turkey burger joes
- This recipe is easy to double if you need to feed more people or want to freeze half for another night.
- If you love a quick cleanup, you may also consider using a slow cooker liner or spraying your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- If you don’t love velveeta cheese, try this homemade cheesy sauce instead:
2 Tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
1 cup 2 percent (or higher fat) milk
Melt butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. Whisk in the flour and salt until smooth. Gradually whisk in the milk, adding it slowly, until the mixture just comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add in 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and stir until smooth and cheese is melted.
Pour this cheese sauce over the top of the ground turkey when you add it to the slow cooker and you will be good to go!
what toppings could I put on turkey burger joes?
I love toppings. I think they make or break a dish. Here are a few of my favorites to put on my Slow Cooker Turkey Burger Joes:
-red onion slices
-pepper jack cheese
looking for more ground turkey recipes?
- Ground Turkey Greek Tacos
- Ground Turkey Sausage Ravioli Soup
- Ground Turkey Spaghetti Sauce
- Glazed Ground Turkey Meatloaf
- Baked Ground Turkey and Black Bean Flautas
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
You can cook ground beef or ground turkey in the slow cooker!