It’s a new month and a new year. We are making an effort to eat out less. You can make delicious meals that don’t take a lot of time to prepare. And when you find an amazing dish that the kids love, it’s a WIN.
You can literally throw this Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken in your slow cooker in less than 7 minutes. Then you can carry on with your day with no dinner worries.
This recipe does not have a lot of heat. It’s just the right amount of spice. We used mild salsa. But if you like more heat, just add medium or hot salsa to this recipe.
can you use chicken cutlets or breasts in place of the tenderloins?
You can easily switch out the tenderloins for chicken cutlets or chicken breasts. If using chicken breasts, you will want to slice them into the size of tenderloins.
Cutlets and tenderloins cook a lot quicker than breasts do. Because chicken breasts are bigger and thicker, it’s necessary to cut them into smaller portions.
Chicken breasts are more expensive. Chicken tenderloins are usually less expensive. But if we find a great deal on frozen chicken, we’ll stock up and easily adapt the chicken for the recipe we are making.
what to serve with slow cooker salsa chicken
As you can see from the picture, we like to serve this salsa chicken over tortilla chips. You can also serve it:
- over cooked rice.
- in a flour tortilla.
- in a soup bowl with crumbled tortilla chips on top.
- in a taco shell.
how to make slow cooker salsa chicken
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is made with ingredients that you may have on hand. We had a lot of these canned goods already in our pantry.
- Spray your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. We used a 7 quart slow cooker. A 6 quart or an 8 quart slow cooker will work too.
- Place your chicken tenderloins over the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour the salsa over the top of all the chicken.
- Then add both cans of beans, and the corn. Mix them together over the chicken. (I have it separated just for the picture)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, fiesta nacho cheese soup, and taco seasoning mix. Stir until mixed together well. Spoon it over all of the beans and corn.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook for 4-6 hours on low setting.
- After the salsa chicken is done cooking, remove chicken from slow cooker and shred or dice.
- Then add back to the mixture and stir in well.
- Serve over tortilla chips, rice, in a tortilla shell.
- Top with cheese.
- For the full recipe with ingredient amounts and full directions, scroll down further in the post.
helpful ingredients for slow cooker salsa chicken
- Slow Cooker – This 8 quart slow cooker is a good price for an 8 quart slow cooker.
- 3 Piece Mixing Bowl Set – A 3 piece Pyrex mixing bowl set is great for so many recipes.
- Electric Can Opener – A quick and easy to use can opener that can save so much time.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
more easy slow cooker recipes for you to enjoy
- Slow Cooker Pork Stroganoff
- Slow Cooker Ham and Bean Soup
- Fall Apart Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Recipe adapted from Recipes that Crock. Head over to their site and find more amazing slow cooker recipes.
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch Kristen make an easy Instant Pot Enchilada Lasagna.