what could i add to make this recipe more spicy?
I have a really weak mouth. Spicy food is not my friend, and makes my eyes water and my nose runny. However, this is a great recipe to add a little kick to. Here are some ways you could spice it up:
- Add jalapeños to the slow cooker. You could really add any hot pepper you desire, but some fresh jalapeños would be really yummy with this mixture.
- Red Pepper Flakes would also give this a little bit of a kick, and it’s an inexpensive and quick way to add a little heat.
- Hot sauce would also be a good addition to add to the slow cooker when cooking it, to give it that little extra boost of heat.
could i use flour to thicken it?
This recipe originally calls for corn starch to thicken it. However, if you don’t have any on hand, or prefer to use flour, flour would work just as well.
You will want to whisk it in, ensuring that there are no flour lumps in your meal. Corn starch doesn’t clump up as much as flour, which is usually why we do cornstarch. But flour is a great alternative.
watch how to make another slow cooker steak favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I am all about easy dinners and this Slow Coker Steak Fajitas is so simple to throw together in the crock pot, and enjoy later. It’s simple. fast, and absolutely delicious. Watch how to make it, here:
looking for more simple steak recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Salisbury Steak Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Chili’s Steak Fajitas
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Shells
- Bacon Philly Cheesesteak Wraps
- Crispy Steak Burritos
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!