how would i make this in a slow cooker?
I have only made this over the stove, but you could easily make it in a slow cooker. Here is how:
- In a large slow cooker (at least 5 quart size- this makes a lot of soup!), add chicken (cut up into bite size pieces), chicken stock, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, bell pepper, onion, garlic, black beans, corn and tomato paste.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, add cheddar cheese and half of the pepperjack cheese and stir into soup so that it melts.
- Let cook for about 20 more minutes on HIGH until you reach desired consistency.
- Add cilantro (if using). Ladle into serving bowls and top with crushed tortilla chips, leftover pepperjack cheese, and cilantro.
should the chicken be cooked?
I usually cook my chicken before adding it to the soup. This gets rid of any excess chicken fat or grease ahead of time, and I don’t have to worry about my chicken cooking all the way through. So yes, I usually always cook my chicken first.
watch how to make another soup favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I am a huge soup fan. It is so easy to throw together, and it tastes absolutely amazing. This Detox Vegetable Soup is full of flavor, as well as veggies. You are going to love it. Watch how easy it is to make, here:
looking for more soup recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Adapted from: Homemade by Holman
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!