Our mom always makes the fluffiest, most delicious cookies around. Every now and then I’ll make a good batch where they don’t fall too flat, but this recipe seems to be fool proof!
They are puffy and delicious!
Puffy Vanilla and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
45 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup Crisco (or vegetable shortening)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together shortening, sugars, egg, water, and vanilla until batter is creamy.
- Add the cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and flour. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in peanut butter chips by hand.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes. (Do not skip chilling the dough if you want puffy cookies because cold dough results in puffier cookies.)
- Using a cookie scoop, form 1 inch balls (or roll balls by hand) and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until barely brown.
- Remove cookies from oven when they look slightly under-baked and allow cookies to cool and firm up on cookie sheets for at least 5 minutes before moving to cooling racks.
Six Sisters Stuff