Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
This meal is so easy to make and you only dirty one pan! Our family loves this version of sloppy joes so much more than the original, but you’ll have to be the judge of that!
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes Recipe
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) pkg. sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 cup beef stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6-8 slices provolone cheese
- 6-8 hamburger buns or rolls
- Preheat broiler to low.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat brown the ground beef about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms and cook another 3-4 minutes, until they start to get tender.
- Stir in the steak sauce and beef stock, season with salt and pepper, bring up to a low boil and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Open buns and place on a baking sheet.
- Place a slice of cheese on the top half of each bun and put pan in the broiler.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is melted and buns are golden brown.
- Place a scoopful of the meat on the bottom half of the bun, drizzle with additional steak sauce and place cheesy bun on top.
Six Sisters Stuff