Looking for a new favorite cookie? One bite of these Peanut Butter Nutella Swirl Cookies and you’ll be hooked. A thick and chewy peanut butter cookie, swirled with creamy Nutella – what’s not to love?
I have a confession . . . until last week, I had never tried Nutella. I know, right?! It’s like I have been living my life under a rock.
This cookie dough is SO good that I was seriously eating it by the spoonful and the cookies were even better. They are so incredibly soft and delicious and have the perfect mix of peanut butter and Nutella. I think that I have found a new love.
How to make peanut butter nutella cookies
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars using an electric mixer until completely combined. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until totally incorporated.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. With mixer on low (or by hand), slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until just combined.
Step 3: Microwave Nutella for 20 seconds and then drizzle over the dough. Fold in Nutella with a spatula until well-distributed throughout the dough to give it that “marbled” look.
Step 4: Chill the dough in the fridge for 15 minutes and then roll small balls by hand. Place about an inch apart on cookie sheet and use a fork to press the balls down slightly. Bake until the edges are lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
Step 5: Allow cookies to cool on the pan for 2 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Tips for making these cookies
- This recipe calls for 1 3/4 cups flour, but you may need more or less depending on where you live, due to humidity and altitude. Start with less flour than called for, and add in more as needed. The dough should be thick, but not crumbly.
- If you feel like the dough is too crumbly and dry (and it’s too late to adjust your flour content), add in a Tablespoon or two of milk.
- DO NOT over mix. Just like any other cookie, over mixing will lead to dry, flat, cookies every time.
- If you’re using natural peanut butter, you may end up with a MUCH different texture of cookie. We recommend using regular peanut butter for this recipe.
- Serve them with a big glass of ice cold milk. Not totally necessary, but a delicious addition.
If you love Nutella as much as we do, be sure to try our Frosted Peanut Butter Nutella cookies!
Six Sisters’ Stuff Cookbook
There’s always something to celebrate! This cookbook is the ultimate go-to guide for celebrating every holiday and creating memories with the people you love.
Celebrate every season with us! Our cookbook, Celebrate Every Season, is filled with 150+ recipes, traditions and fun ideas for each month of the year.
We hope you make priceless memories with your family as you celebrate every season with this cookbook!
Order your copy here → Six Sisters’ Stuff Celebrate Every Season
More Nutella Recipes to Love
- Strawberry Nutella Cupcakes
- Nutella Pumpkin Cookies
- Nutella Cheesecake
- Nutella Hot Chocolate
- Nutella Stuffed Banana Pancakes
Recipe source: Erica’s Sweet Tooth
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
If you are a Nutella lover like we are, try our super easy Nutella Fruit Dip. It can be made in a matter of minutes and it’s SO good! Watch how to make it in the video below: