The title speaks for itself. These cookies are a dream come true. They are delicious, so easy to make, impossible to mess up and are a crowd favorite.
You’ll love them. The combination of oatmeal, coconut, walnuts, chocolate chips, and a cookie, really is amazing.
These are quite rich and filling, so they are perfect for serving a crowd. They are also the best cookie to dip in milk. I would even say better than Oreo’s.
tips for making soft and chewy cookies
- Knowing how your cookie’s, ingredients, combine and react together, is key to making soft and chewy cookies.
- The main key in making soft and chewy cookies, is how your butter is softened.If you melt your butter in the microwave, completely, your cookies are going to be a little crunchy. You want your butter to be softened at room temperature, not melted, so the dough will be thicker, and not so liquidy.If you are using margarine, it doesn’t need to be softened or microwaved. But if you are using butter, it should be the same texture as margarine. Either one would work for this recipe.
- It’s also important that you add the ingredients in order. The ingredients react differently, when added at different times. We highly recommend following the recipe.
- If you are making the cookies ahead of time, and are planning to store them, we recommend using an airtight plastic container, as well as layering them with wax or parchment paper between each layer.
- We also recommend and have placed a piece of bread in the container to keep them extra fresh. It sounds weird, but it actually works. I don’t exactly know the science behind it, but I do know it works. Try it if you don’t believe me.
what could I replace the walnuts with
This recipe calls for walnuts, however, some people aren’t big fans. If this is you, don’t worry, we have a few replacements for you to try.
If you are not a walnut fan, here are some replacements:
-White Chocolate Chips
-Peanut Butter Chips
You could really put any of your favorite cookie bits, into this cookie. It is an extremely versatile recipe, that you are going to love.
have you ever made a pizzookie before?
Have you tried making a Pizza cookie before, and adding ice cream to it? I am telling you, your life is about to change.
This recipe is found on our blog as well as our Youtube Channel. Our channel has hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Watch how to make our favorite, Pizzookie, here:
looking for more easy cookie recipes?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!