These miniature versions of monkey bread are the perfect breakfast or a brunch recipe! Everything is cuter when it comes in miniature form and these monkey bread muffins are no exception.
We love to make these for Christmas breakfast because they are easy and delicious; but they would be great any time of year. With all the flavor of monkey bread in a fraction of the time, this will be a recipe you will make again and again.
The secret shortcut to making these mini monkey muffins: REFRIGERATED BISCUIT DOUGH! These literally come together in minutes!
How to make Mini Monkey Muffins:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners and get your ingredients ready by melting butter in a bowl and mixing together cinnamon and sugar.
- Using a pair of sharp, clean kitchen scissors, cut each biscuit into 4-5 smaller pieces. You will have about 32-40 dough pieces total when you are finished (this is a great job to have your kids help you with!).
- Dip each piece of dough in butter; making sure to cover the entire surface. Then roll the buttered dough around in the cinnamon and sugar mixture until it is completely covered. Place the cinnamon-covered piece of dough in a cupcake liner.
- Continue to dip each piece of dough in butter and then roll around in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place 3-4 pieces of dough in each muffin tin well. When you are finished you will have about 10-15 muffins total.
- Place the muffins in the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the muffins start to turn golden. You don’t want to overbake these muffins because then they will be hard and crunchy; but if you don’t bake them long enough you might have uncooked dough in the center. Keep an eye on them while they cook and once they start to turn golden on top, they should be finished.
- Remove muffin pans from oven. In a mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk and beat together with a whisk or electric mixer. If you want your frosting to be a little thicker, add in more powdered sugar. Use a spoon to drizzle frosting over the top of each muffin. Because the muffins are so hot, the frosting will absorb into the muffins fairly quickly, so feel free to top with more frosting if desired.
- Let the muffins soak up the frosting for a couple of minutes and then serve while the muffins are still warm. Enjoy!
Related Recipe: If you love monkey bread, give our Easy Lemon Monkey Bread Recipe a try!
What to serve with Mini Monkey Muffins:
Make your breakfast or brunch complete by adding these other dishes
- Breakfast Tostadas
- Fresh Fruit Salad with Citrus Glaze
- Orange Julius drinks
- Oven-Baked Omelet
- Hashbrown and Egg Casserole
Watch how to make our favorite recipes:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
These Stuffed Cinnamon Sticks are simple, delicious, full of flavor, and easy to make. Watch how to make them, here:
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!