Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies
Our mom is known all over town for making these amazing brownies! They are literally my favorite brownies of all time!
These homemade brownies are perfect for feeding a crowd! Everyone who tastes these always says, “These are the best brownies EVER!”
That marshmallow layer stays perfectly soft to break up the layers of chocolaty goodness!
I would definitely recommend making these a few hours before serving to allow the frosting to set up completely.
Chocolate Frosted Marshmallow Brownies
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (10 ounce) package mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
For the brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together butter, sugar and cocoa.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing after each one.
- Add flour, salt and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Spray a baking sheet nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread brownie batter in prepared pan and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove brownies from oven and spread marshmallows in an even layer on top. Return to oven for 3 minutes, until marshmallows are soft and puffy.
- Let cool completely.
For the frosting:
- Mix all ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add more powdered sugar or milk until you reach desired consistency and spread on top of bars.
- Let frosting set up before cutting.
Six Sisters Stuff