These cookies are filled with a mint surprise. You’ll love the soft chewy cookie on the outside, and then bite into the taste of chocolate mint.
It tastes like a Junior Mint, meets a deliciously soft sugar cookie.
If you are a lover of mint, you have to try these Mint Surprise Cookies.
Don’t let them fool you. They are incredibly easy to make.
The whole family loved these cookies. We think you will too.
tips for making mint surprise cookies
- When softening your butter, it’s best to have it at room temperature.
If you are in a hurry, and don’t have time to let the butter reach room temperature, slice it up into 1/4 inch slices, and microwave it for 15 seconds.This will allow the butter to soften, but not completely melt. If your butter is melted, your cookie dough will be too runny. You just need your butter to be smooth, and not lumpy.
- Instant vanilla pudding makes your cookies so soft. If you have never added pudding to your cookies before, I bet you will from here on out.It is crucial that the pudding mix is “instant” pudding mix. It will not work if it is cook and serve pudding. You don’t actually make the pudding, you just need the instant pudding mix properties, to make the cookies soft.
- Be sure to seal the cookie dough edges completely, around the peppermint patty. If you don’t, the chocolate will seep out, and your cookies won’t look very attractive.As long as the dough is completely sealed, it will work perfectly. I used my fingers, and just pinched around the edges, to ensure that the patty was fully enclosed, and there was no gaps.
why does instant pudding mix, make cookies softer?
Instant pudding mix is used as a starch in place of corn starch in cookies. They make the cookies a little more thicker, as well as providing more flavor and sweetness.
The sugars in the cookie, take on the starch making them sweeter, and softer.
They vanilla pudding mix, also adds a delicious flavor, you wouldn’t otherwise get.
You could also use sugar free, instant pudding mix, and this recipe would still work great.
watch how to make our other favorite mint cookies here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We most certainly do.
I don’t know about you, but I like watching how to make recipes, so I know exactly how its supposed to look and turn out.
Luckily we have created a Youtube Channel, where we share all of our recipes, and show you step by step, how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know you can trust them.
here are a few more of our favorite cookie recipes:
- Soft Batch Chewy M & M Cookies
- Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- Oreo Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Loaded Applesauce Cookies
- Mom’s Snickerdoodles
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!