Dont be intimidated by the name – the avocado crema is so easy to make (and it takes the mahi mahi to the next level).
Fish can also be a little intimidating, but this Mahi Mahi dish, couldn’t be more simple. Whether you are a fish lover or not, you have to try this Mahi Mahi. It is so simple to make and you will go crazy for the taste.
My husband is the same as me. He doesn’t like the smell, taste, or texture of fish, but I tried this recipe at my friends house and brought him home a taste. He absolutely loved it.
You could easily make this recipe without the Avocado Crema, but I personally think it makes the dish.
how to pick good mahi mahi
When purchasing and storing Mahi Mahi, there are a few things you may want to look for. Here is everything you need to know about Mahi Mahi.
Purchasing Mahi Mahi
- When purchasing Mahi Mahi at your local grocer, you should never be able to smell it. If the Mahi Mahi is a strong fish scent to it, it has been sitting out too long, and won’t have a clean fresh taste.
- It should look pink with red stripes or spots on it. Occasionally, it will have a blueish tint to it, but if your store’s Mahi Mahi color seems a little off, I wouldn’t recommend purchasing it.
- Don’t purchase the Mahi Mahi if the edges are brown and blue. This indicates that it has been sitting out for too long, and is starting to go bad.
- The skin of the fish should be moist and shiny, not flaky and dry. You should be able to see the shine on the fish, very clearly.
Storing Mahi Mahi
- Fresh Mahi Mahi from the store, is best used within three days. If you aren’t using it the day you are purchasing it, wrap it tightly with saran wrap or foil.
- Mahi Mahi will also freeze well. Again, wrap it tightly with multiple layers, and use within 5 months of freezing.
how to make avocado crema
This Avocado Crema is incredibly easy to make. I have found the best way to make the cream so smooth, is by blending the ingredients.
All it calls for is: 1 avocado (diced), 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 Tablespoon lime juice, 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, and 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped).
Simply place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and cream until smooth. If you like yours will a few chunks in it, you can also use a hand mixer to better see the texture, and know when to stop.
what can I serve with this dish?
This dish can be a little tricky to pair with side dishes, however, we do have a few recommendations.
I love the combination of fish with a broiled asparagus. We recommend trying our Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms.
We also love serving our salmon with a sweet and savory combination. We recommend trying our Mandarin Orange Pretzel Jello Salad recipe.
You can also find this recipe on our Youtube Channel. We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your whole family will love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. Watch how to make our Mandarin Orange Pretzel Jello Salad, here:
looking for more fish recipes?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!