The classic nachos consist of melting shredded cheese on tortilla chips in the microwave. Don’t get me wrong, I still love those nachos!
I decided to take nachos to the next level and make them in a sheet pan. This way everyone can dig in all at the same time.
Main dish or appetizer?
We love serving these baked loaded nachos for a ball game or party. But on busy nights when we are in a crunch for time and want something healthier and delicious, we always fall back on the loaded nachos.
With the meat, cheese, and other toppings you add (as many vegetables as you want!), we feel good about calling it a main dish.
It also looks great on a buffet table full of appetizers with all of the pretty colors of the toppings.
So this can really double as both – a main dish and an appetizer.
can you sub in other meat for ground beef?
Loaded baked nachos are so easy to change up to your taste preference. We used ground beef in this recipe.
You can easily substitute the ground beef for pork, chicken, or shredded beef.
We have also had these nachos with absolutely no meat. You can still load on all of the other good toppings.
You can be flexible with your toppings and the amount you prefer. Fresh produce is the best on these nachos.
baking vs broiling
We prefer baking our loaded baked nachos over broiling them.
Broiling will work, but if you go one minute too long, your nachos will be burnt to a crisp or the cheese will be hard.
Baking doesn’t take long at all, and the chips come out nice and crisp, while your cheese is melted and delicious.
Either way will work, but we prefer baking over broiling.
how to make loaded baked nachos
- Brown ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain grease well. Add the taco seasoning to the meat and set aside.
- Spread the tortilla chips on a 13 x 18 inch cookie sheet covering most of the pan.
- Spoon the meat mixture over all of the tortilla chips, and then spoon the black beans over the meat.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over all and place in oven heated to 350 degrees. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with tomatoes, avocados, onions, and any of your favorite toppings.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
items needed for this recipe
- Skillet: This is one of our favorite skillets. We love the heat safe grip and scratch resistant surface. The glass lid is great while you are cooking.
- High Temp Meat Chopper:This is our go-to kitchen gadget when browning any type of ground meat. You can easily break up the meat into the size you want it with this handy tool.
- Serving Spoon: We love the extra long handle and extra large head on this serving spoon. It’s great for big scoops. A favorite with all of the sisters.
- Sheet Pan: If you are making these sheet pan loaded baked nachos, then you definitely need a nice pan. We love these big 13 x 18 inch pans.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
Check out our favorite nacho recipes:
- Pita Nachos
- Loaded Sweet Pork Sheet Pan Nachos
- Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Rainforest Cafe Copycat Beef Lava Nachos
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Nachos
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
See how easy it is to make Fresh Peach Salsa.