I love all. things. lemon. Lemon bars, lemon chicken, lemon rice, and especially this Starbuck’s Copycat Lemon Pound Cake. Have you tried it yet?
I took our lemon pound cake and modified it to make it into these delicious cakey donuts! They are fluffy, tart, moist, and taste absolutely fantastic. I covered them in a blueberry frosting and they were a HUGE hit with my whole family.
Cake Mix Recipe
I used a short cut with these donuts, so they only take a few minutes to throw together: a CAKE MIX!
Then I added vegetable oil, instant lemon pudding, eggs, greek yogurt, and lemon juice. The combination makes perfectly moist, cakey donuts every time.
How to make lemon donuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl with hand mixer (or in a stand mixer), mix together cake mix, pudding mix, yogurt, water, eggs, oil, and lemon juice for 1-2 minutes, or until completely combined.
- Pipe* (or carefully spoon) mixture into greased donut pans, filling about 2/3 full. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the tops of the donuts are light golden brown.*This is the best way I found to fill the donut pan. It keeps it really clean and doesn’t overfill it so that it doesn’t grow too big and lose the hole.
- Allow donuts to cool, then dip in frosting and serve. I was able to make 24 donuts (I used two 6-donut pans and refilled them one time).
How to make blueberry frosting
- Place the blueberries, powdered sugar and lemon juice in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a small mixing bowl and add the softened butter. Mix with a hand mixer until completely combined. Add more powdered sugar as needed to reach your desired frosting consistency (I added about another 1/2 cup).
If you don’t have a donut pan, you could make two loaf cakes. Just follow the directions from this recipe, and instead of using the glaze, pour the blueberry frosting over the top.
Our New Cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Keep in an airtight container on the counter for 3-5 days.
You could also freeze them in a freezer-safe container for 30 days. Thaw and eat as needed.
Looking for more donut recipes? Try these:
- Spudnuts and Glaze
- Puff Pastry Glazed Donuts
- Strawberry Buttermilk Donuts
- Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Glaze
- Baked Blueberry Donuts
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
See how to make another delicious cake mix recipe below: