Fall means hoodies and pumpkin, toasty fires and lots of soup. This year, this Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup needs to be at the top of your grocery list.
This is one of the easiest soups to make and it results in a hearty bowl of soup. If paired with a crusty loaf of bread, you’ll be in heaven.
And if you like this wild rice soup – Be sure to try our easy Instant Pot Minestrone Soup. A delicious dinner in under 30 minutes.
WHAT INSTANT POT SHOULD I BUY?
If you don’t have and Instant Pot, you can buy one here! This isn’t one of the fancy models, but it works great and has a smaller price tag.
We feel like a 6 quart is adequate, even for a family of 6, but you might consider an 8qt if you like to make bigger batches for plenty of leftovers.
How to Make Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup:
- With the help of the Instant Pot, this soup really can’t be much simpler. The piece that takes the most time is prepping the vegetables. After that, all you have to do is add all ingredients to the Instant Pot.
- Lock lid in place and turn valve to sealing. Press the Manual or Pressure Cook button and set the cook time for 45 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, let it naturally release the pressure.
- When the soup is done, melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour. Let the mixture cook for a minute or two to remove the floury taste. Whisk the milk, a little bit at a time, until you have a smooth, thickened sauce. Add more salt if you need too.
- Mix the creamy sauce with the soup in the Instant Pot and you will have DELICIOUS wild rice soup!
What Wild rice should I use?
I’ve seen lots of recipes that call for only wild rice, but using a wild rice blend is my favorite. But if you decide to use wild rice and not the “blend” you will still cook it for the same time.
Do I need to rinse my rice?
We get a lot of questions with all of our Instant Pot rice recipes if we need to rinse the rice. I’ve done it both ways and I haven’t seen a difference either way.
do you have to use the stove top?
Unless you have another Instant pot, I would suggest using the stove top for this next step.
When the soup is done, melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour. Let the mixture cook for a minute or two to remove the floury taste.
Whisk the milk, a little bit at a time, until you have a smooth, thickened sauce. Throw a little salt in there for good measure.
Mix the creamy sauce with the soup in the instant pot and you will have DELICIOUS wild rice soup!
Not a mushroom Fan?:
If you REALLY don’t like mushrooms, you can leave them out. You can choose to add some chicken instead (or in addition to the mushrooms). Simply add the chicken with the rest of the ingredients and shred it when it’s done cooking.
If you only kind of don’t like mushrooms or you’re not really sure what you think about mushrooms or you only sometimes like mushrooms, give them a chance!
You can chop them into smaller pieces so that you can enjoy the mushroom flavor without the mushroom texture.
What to serve with Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup:
- A fancy salad. Try our Kale and Brussel Sprouts Salad.
- Bread. Any bread. Try our Easy Homemade French Bread.
- Dessert. Like our Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes.
Watch how to make Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup HERE.
You will love these Instant Pot Soups too!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!