I have been making easy Instant Pot recipes for years now, and I’ve slowly been making my normal recipes inside of the Instant Pot with trial and error.
When making this recipe, be sure to add your cornstarch AFTER your chicken as already cooked. Don’t pressurize the cornstarch because it will kill your recipe!
After I mastered Mongolian Beef I thought I would give this Orange Chicken a try!
WHAT IS AN INSTANT POT?
Haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet? Well, you may want to consider it just for this recipe alone!
Instant Pot is a seven-in-one multi-cooker that works as an electric pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, warmer, and sauté pan all in one.
Sounds a little too good to be true, but we promise it’s worth every penny! I haven’t used my slow cooker in weeks, which is saying a lot for this 3-4 times a week slow cooking girl!
Check out the reviews on the Instant Pot on Amazon and join the 1000’s of people who LOVE it! You can read about it HERE.
HOW TO MAKE ORANGE CHICKEN IN THE PRESSURE COOKER
1. Put 4 chicken breasts on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
2. Mix the BBQ sauce, water and soy sauce on top of your chicken.
3. Cook the Chicken. Put lid on Instant Pot and turn vent knob to the sealed position. Hit manual and then adjust the cook time by using the plus or minus buttons to 20 minutes. After cook time is done do a quick release.
4. Finish your orange sauce. Turn Instant Pot to saute. Make a cornstarch slurry by mixing cornstarch with 1/4 cup of the liquid from your instant pot. Add cornstarch slurry, Orange Maramalade and orange juice to the Instant Pot and stir for 2-3 minutes.
5. This Orange Chicken is great served over steamed rice or with cauliflower rice.
CAN YOU MAKE ORANGE CHICKEN WITH FROZEN CHICKEN?
Yes, you can absolutely make Orange Chicken with frozen chicken. However, you will need to keep a few things in mind.
- Instead of cutting up your chicken, you just add the ingredients for the sauce along with the frozen whole chicken breasts.
- Increase cook time from 7 minutes to 22 minutes.
- Once the cook time has elapsed, Do a quick release and remove chicken breasts to cutting board and cut into large chunks or shred chicken.
- Turn Instant Pot back to saute. Make a the cornstarch slurry. Add cornstarch slurry to pressure cooker and stir and boil for 2-3 minutes. Mix the chicken into the sauce and serve.
Need some help making this in the Instant Pot? Watch exactly how I make it HERE:
Sometimes the Instant Pot can be intimidating. Every Monday I share a new Instant Pot Recipe on our Youtube channel so you can actually watch how each recipe is made.
Watch how to make Orange Chicken here:
OUR NEWEST COOKBOOK:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!