We’re learning that you can make just about anything in your instant pot, including potatoes! No more waiting for them to roast in the oven, you can have perfectly “baked” potatoes done and on your table in under 30 minutes.
We used yellow sweet potatoes in this recipe, but orange sweet potatoes (yams), russet potatoes, or yellow potatoes can also be cooked in your slow cooker using the same method.
Make sure to adjust your time. If your potatoes are smaller, they may cook in just 10 minutes. For large potatoes, adjust the time accordingly. It works best if all of your potatoes are similar in size to avoid some cooking faster than others.
What is an Instant Pot?
Haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet? Well, you may want to consider it just for this recipe alone!
Instant Pot is a seven-in-one multi-cooker that works as an electric pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, warmer, and sauté pan all in one.
Sounds a little too good to be true, but we promise it’s worth every penny! I haven’t used my slow cooker in weeks, which is saying a lot for this 3-4 times a week slow cooking girl!
Check out the reviews on the Instant Pot on Amazon and join the 1000’s of people who LOVE it! You can read about it HERE.
if you love these instant pot sweet potatoes, you need to try our instant pot dr pepper pulled pork! It’s so moist and full of flavor.
How to cook sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot
Using your trivet or a steamer basket/shelf is key in cooking potatoes. You don’t want your potatoes on the bottom of your pot or touching the water.
- Wash and scrub potatoes to remove any dirt or grime. Rub your sweet potatoes with some salt and pepper to flavor the skin a little bit. (Eating the skin is totally optional, but it gives the whole potato a better taste!)
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot. This is another crucial step. Without the water, your potatoes won’t cook!
- Place your potatoes on top of your trivet, and seal your instant pot. Make sure your knob is turned to sealing or your Instant Pot will not pressurize.
- Set your Instant Pot to 15 minutes on manual, or on high pressure. After the 15 minutes, let the steam naturally release for 20 minutes to allow them to finish cooking.
- Remove from Instant Pot and slice in half. Perfect potatoes every single time!
More Instant Pot Recipes on Six Sisters’ Stuff
Looking for more delicious instant pot recipes to try? Here are a few of our favorites!
- The BEST Instant Pot Chili
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Easy Sesame Chicken
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches
- Instant Pot Cheesy Beef Taco Pasta
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
In this video, we’re sharing the 6 easiest things to make in your Instant Pot!