If I had the option of eating Chick-Fil-A every day of my life, I would. I LOVE it. This version of Homemade Chick-Fil-A Chicken nuggets helps me with my addiction and might help you with yours.
In honor of a new Chick-Fil-A opening down the street from us, we decided to give these a whirl! They really tasted so close to the real thing!
(And you don’t feel so bad about eating them because they are homemade, right?!)
Now if you have never tried a copycat recipe, you are MISSING OUT! There is something about eating a restaurant recipe in your house! They are SO GOOD!
This Homemade Chick-Fil-A Recipe has been a family favorite for years. Here are our tips to make it even easier to make:
1. The first step is just mixing whisking the milk and egg together. Then you just throw in your chicken! If you want to make this step easier, have your chicken all cut up into bite sizes pieces, ready to go.
2. Let the chicken soak for at least 30 minutes. This is what makes it SO tender.
3. While your chicken is soaking, mix all of your dry ingredients
4. Also while your chicken is soaking, get your sauce pan all heated with oil so you will be ready to add your chicken.
5. Once your chicken is done soaking, you are going take a few pieces at a time, and place them in the flour mixture. Make sure all the chicken is coated with the flour and then place into the hot oil
6. Cook each side for at least 2-3 minutes or until golden brown (You want to make sure that chicken is no longer pink)
7. Place the chicken on some paper towels to soak up any oil. Then cook the rest of your chicken. It really is that easy?
Now that you have the chicken recipe, you HAVE to make the sauce to go with it! The recipe is SO easy! Here are the ingredients you need:
mayonnaise (or light mayonnaise)
Barbecue Sauce (we like the “smoky” sauces best in this recipe)
If you have all of those ingredients, then you are set! You can actually make it!
Find the Chick-Fil-A Sauce Recipe HERE