Brownies made from Scratch
From-scratch brownies can be totally intimidating, am I right? But what if I told you they were actually super easy to make and turned out a delicious dessert you could finish in one sitting?
These cream cheese brownies are just that! Don’t let the from-scratch brownie part scare you – just think of how impressive you’ll sound to your friends. 😉
I always stock up on Hershey’s Candy Bars in the summer because you never know when you might need them for S’mores. I came across these cream cheese brownies from Doughmestic.com and was so excited to try them. With my surplus of Hershey’s Candy Bars, I figured I better put them to good use.
How to make Cream Cheese Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9×9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In the microwave, melt chocolate and butter in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and vanilla with the sugar. Slowly add in chocolate mixture until combined (be careful not to over-mix).
- In small bowl, sift together cocoa, salt and flour. Add the mixture to the rest of the batter, then pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, salt, egg and vanilla until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture over brownie batter. Use a sharp knife to swirl together.
- Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until just set and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Be sure not to overcook! You may want to check them at 45 minutes, just to make sure they aren’t too done.
- Top with original sized Hershey Bars and return to still warm (but off) oven until lightly melted. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
How to get a clean cut brownie:
There are three things to know to get a perfectly clean-cut brownie.
- Cool your brownies completely before cutting (chilled in the refrigerator is even better!).
- Use a sharp knife. A lot of problems in the kitchen can be solved by using a really good knife.
- Run your knife under warm-hot water before cutting.
Box mix substitute?
We would not recommend using a boxed brownie mix as a substitute for the from-scratch batter in this recipe. After hearing from many of you, and trying it ourselves, it doesn’t seem to turn out quite right (even when you adjust the baking time).
How To store Cream Cheese Brownies:
These brownies can sit at room temperature for a few hours, but after that, we would recommend storing them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
More delicious brownie recipes:
- Fudgy Avocado Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Break Up Brownies
- White Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Symphony Brownies
Recipe adapted from Doughmestic
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Thiscookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
See how to make our Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies below: