There are 3 key ingredients in this pudding and they may surprise you. The ingredients start with the letters, A, B, and C. Can you guess what they are?
Okay I’ll tell you, Avocado, Banana, and Cocoa. One of my friends from my fitness class, shared this basic recipe and I tweaked it to make it even more delicious.
This pudding is better than any other pudding that you will buy from a box or in a plastic container. It is full of nutrients that you won’t feel bad feeding your kids, and it tastes so delicious.
how to make healthy ABC chocolate pudding
This chocolate pudding may surprise you. Avocados? Yes. They don’t have a lot of taste to them and the banana and cocoa completely cover it up. But the avocado does give it the “pudding” texture we love.
With only six ingredients in the actual pudding, and five easy steps, this recipe comes together quick.
Here is how you make it:
- Peel and pit the avocado.
- Place avocado, bananas, cocoa, honey, vanilla, and salt in a blender and blend until mixed and completely smooth.
- Pour pudding into serving bowls and cover.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to chill and let flavors meld.
- Top with whipped cream and raspberries when serving.
items needed to make ABC Pudding
- Blender – We love our Ninja blender. They last for years.
- Dessert Bowls – These cute dessert bowls are a great deal and you get 12 bowls.
- Spoontula – Spoontulas are our favorite kitchen tool.
how to decorate or Garnish your pudding
I topped my pudding with a little bit of whipped cream and a raspberry, but you could also use sprinkles or chocolate shavings. Or you don’t need to add anything at all.
The pudding is delicious with or without topping. I do love fresh fruit on my pudding. I love adding fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries to my chocolate pudding.
You could also drizzle some melted chocolate chips, either, dark, milk or white. Those would also taste delicious with this pudding.
are avocados actually good for you?
The answer is yes. Especially when it comes to it’s alternatives or replacements in cooking. Let me give you some food for thought and some health benefits of avocado.
- They contain many important vitamins such as vitamin K, b5, b6, E, C potassium, and folate. I’d say those are all great things for your body.
- Avocados are grown on trees and considered fruits. Fruit is wonderful you especially when eaten in moderation.
- Avocados do not contain any sodium, cholesterol, and are low in saturated fat.
- Avocados contain more potassium than bananas. This helps with cramping as well as, reducing blood pressure.
Looking for more healthy desserts?
Here are some of our favorite healthier snack options:
- Honey Grilled Peaches
- Skinny Frozen Strawberry Bites
- No-Churn Birthday Cake Protein Ice Cream
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Funfetti Protein Bites
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
did you know we have a youtube channel?
We have hundreds of delicious and simple recipes your family will love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. Each recipe is tried and true, so we know you will love them.
Watch how to make our other favorite healthy chocolate snack, Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies: