I love serving these muffins with a hearty bowl of soup for a perfect comfort food meal!
If you are looking for lightened up versions of your favorite recipes, be sure to check out our Weekly Healthy Menu Plan where we email you 6 dinners, 2 side dishes, and 1 healthier dessert each week!
And if you need help losing weight and still want to eat delicious food that your family will love, be sure to check out our 1500 Calorie 14-Day Eating Plan for Busy Moms!
Healthier Honey Cornbread Muffins
12 minPrep Time
18 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (or 1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup honey
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, applesauce, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, oil, and milk. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Place muffin paper liners or lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Evenly pour cornbread mixture into each of the 12 tins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Serve warm.
Six Sisters Stuff