Ground Beef and Macaroni Tomato Soup
We are big soup eaters at our house and try a new soup at least once a week. This recipe earned rave reviews from everyone, including my pickiest 5 year old!
Serve this with some of our Honey Whole Wheat Bread and your family will think you are pretty much amazing. 🙂 Or, if you are short on time, check out our 30 Minute Dinner Rolls!
If you are looking for lightened up versions of your favorite recipes, be sure to check out our Weekly Healthy Menu Plan where we email you 6 dinners, 2 side dishes, and 1 dessert each week!
Creamy Ground Beef and Macaroni Tomato Soup
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef and onion and cook until the beef is no longer pink. Add in garlic and cook for a minute more.
- Add salt, pepper and oregano to the beef and stir to combine.
- Pour in chicken stock, spaghetti sauce, and diced tomatoes, then bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the cream cheese until it is completely mixed in and then add 1/2 of the fresh basil.
- Pour in the pasta, stir and let cook for another 10 minutes with the lid on or until the pasta is tender.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with the leftover basil.
Six Sisters Stuff