How to make Grasshopper Chocolate Cookies
- Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs together (do not follow the directions on the back of the cake mix- disregard them completely. You’re only using the powder mixture from the box).
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-9 minutes (don’t cook any longer than that! You don’t want them to be overdone!). Let cookies cool completely.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the frosting. You can add more or less powdered sugar until you get the consistency you like. Spread on top of each cooled cookie.
- To make the ganache, melt chocolate chips and butter together in a double boiler OR in a microwave. If you’re using a microwave, melt in 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until the chocolate is completely melted. Spread melted chocolate on each cookie. I have found that it works best to use the back of a spoon to spread the chocolate around.
- Let the chocolate harden, then serve.
Cookie bottom from scratch:
Not a fan of peppermint? These combinations would be good, too:
- Orange frosting and flavoring for a “chocolate orange” cookie
- Raspberry frosting and pink coloring (like the filling from these brownies)
- Cream cheese frosting (like this recipe)
- Vanilla flavoring in the frosting (instead of peppermint)
More delicious recipes
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Thiscookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Store in an airtight container for up to a week (or freeze them in a freezer-safe container for up to 60 days).
More Cake Mix Recipes
- Cake Mix Blueberry Muffins
- Cinnamon Rolls with a Cake Mix Shortcut
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake Mix Bars
- Double Chocolate Pound Cake
- Cake Mix Peanut Butter Bars
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
See how to make another cake mix cookie recipe below: