No need to shy away from bringing the dressing/stuffing to your holiday dinner this year. Did you know you can bake stuffing in a glass pan, no need to stuff the big bird! We have the best recipe that our grandma handed down to us.
It’s so easy to make, and there is no way you can fail with our Grandma’s favorite dressing. I didn’t know until recently that it wasn’t made completely from scratch (as many of her recipes are). I was so surprised that she actually used a package of seasoned bread crumbs, but added all her favorite things to make it taste amazing!
This recipe is my favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner. As far as I’m concerned, Grandma’s dressing is the main dish. Enjoy your turkey as a side dish.
can you stuff your bird with this dressing?
This dressing is great baked in a pan in the oven, and it can also be used in stuffing your bird. Our grandma used to put some of the dressing in the bird, and then she would bake the rest in a baking dish.
can this recipe be doubled or tripled?
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a larger group. We have often had to triple it when we have a lot of family in for the holiday.
When you double it, a 9 x 13 inch pan will work great. If tripling the recipe, you may need to make it in 2 pans.
what seasoned breadcrumbs work best?
We have tried so many different breadcrumbs when making this recipe. We have used Turkey Stove Top dressing/stuffing mix that comes in the box. It works great.
We have bought many different brands of seasoned bread crumbs and they all work well. Just be sure they are seasoned. That gives the dressing more flavor.
Some people like to make their own homemade dry bread crumbs and that works well too.
how to make Grandma’s Thanksgiving Dressing
- Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the dry stuffing mix, diced apples, diced celery, diced onion, and fresh sliced mushrooms.
- Add butter to the boiling water and stir until melted.
- Pour the water/melted butter mixture over the stuffing mixture in the bowl. Stir until all combined and moistened.
- Spread the stuffing mix into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until dressing is thoroughly heated.
- Dish and serve when warm. We like to drizzle gravy over our dressing.
helpful items to make Grandma’s dressing
- 8 Inch Square Baking Dish – This is one of our favorite 8 inch square baking dishes with a cover.
- Glass Measuring Cups – We love that we can see through these when boiling water. We use the big one as a mixing bowl.
- Mixing Bowl Set – Our favorite mixing bowl set with various sizes.
- Knife Set – A great knife set for dicing.
Getting thirsty thinking about all the good Thanksgiving dishes? This Cranberry Citrus Party Punch is the BEST non-alcoholic drink for the holidays!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
more tasty Thanksgiving side dishes
We’ve got you covered this holiday with some scrumptious side dishes.
- Cranberry Pecan Sweet Potato Bake
- Green Bean Casserole
- Potato Rolls
- Slow Cooker Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
Have you seen our YouTube channel?