One of my favorite dishes pasted during the holidays or at parties is deviled eggs. I could probably eat half of them. Eggs are healthy anyways right? I try to save some for other people though too.
This is honestly the best deviled eggs recipe you will try. Many have made this recipe and rated this a 5 star deviled eggs recipe.
While sometimes boiling eggs can sometimes be quite a time consuming process, you can actually boil eggs in the Instant pot! We have created a how to cook hard-boiled eggs in the Instant pot 5-5-5 method to follow!
We have even more deviled eggs recipes with a little twist that you can try that are just as fantastic as this classic deviled eggs recipe. Try our Loaded Deviled Eggs recipe, Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs recipe, or our creamy Avocado Deviled Eggs recipe.
What do you need to make these delicious deviled eggs?
Classic deviled eggs Ingredients:
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Salt and peppers
- Yellow mustard
- Dill pickle relish
Can you make basic deviled eggs ahead of time?
You can! Here’s how.
You can boil the eggs in advance and prepare them by cutting the eggs in half and separating the yolk. Prepare them according to the recipe.
For best results, do not put the yolk mixture into the egg white until the day you will need the deviled eggs. You can make the filling up to two days in advance.
how to perfectly boil an egg:
Have you ever wanted to know how to perfectly boil an egg? This is how I do it:
- Place your eggs in a large pot (the bigger the better so that they aren’t bumping into each other and cracking). Fill the pot with enough water that the eggs are at least 1 inch below the surface of the water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the water (the sodium bicarbonate will help the eggs separate from their shells, which makes them so easy to peel) and place the pot (uncovered) on the stove.
- Turn the heat to high and let the water come to a full rolling boil. Once there, let the eggs boil for one minute (I usually set a timer).
- After the 1 minute is up, remove the pot from the heat, place a lid on top, and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 10 minutes (you will want to set a timer for this one too).
- Once the time is up, remove the eggs from the pot and place in a bowl. Fill the bowl with ice and cold water.
- Let the eggs sit in the ice water (full submerged) for 5 minutes. At this time, you can either remove the shells immediately or but the eggs in the fridge and peel them as you need them.
- The shells should come off very easily and your yolk will be beautiful (with no green/grey hue around the edges).
Basic deviled eggs – The key to easy peeling
There are a few keys to having hard-boiled eggs that peel easily. There are a few essentials to having wonderfully peeled eggs with no divets in them:
- Don’t use fresh eggs
- Don’t put the eggs in from the beginning
- Ice water bath afterward
You can find more details on how to hard-boil eggs for easy peeling from tips this article on How to peel hard-boiled eggs.
TIPS AND TRICKS
If you are bringing these wonderful deviled eggs with pickles to a family function or a work event, check out this cute tray that is perfect for serving deviled eggs.
A trick for filling the deviled eggs is using either a ziplock bag, frosting bag, or a decorating tool. After the deviled egg mixture is all mixed up you can put the creamy egg mixture into either the ziplock bag, the frosting bag, or the decorating tool and then carefully pipe the deviled egg mixture into the individual egg white halves.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST DEVILED EGGS
With these few easy steps, you will be able to make the best deviled eggs you have ever tasted!
Start by peeling off the hard boiled eggs. Use the methods mentioned above when boiling your eggs for the best and easiest results.
Then, slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Using a spoon gently take the egg yolk out of the egg whites. Put the egg white halves off to the side until later.
Put the egg yolks into a small bowl. Use a fork to mash up the yolks until they are in small pieces.
Next, add in the mayonnaise, mustard, and relish to the mashed egg yolks. Mix all of the ingredients together and combined them completely and have created a creamy mixture.
Then, using a spoon, carefully scoop 1-2 tablespoons of the yolk mixture into the egg white half.
Continue to do this until you fill all of the egg white halves. Then, lightly sprinkle on a little paprika and put the finished deviled eggs into the fridge until you are ready to serve them.
Watch how to make hard boiled eggs
We have a YouTube channel where you can see just exactly how we make our tried and true recipes from beginning to end. We have an awesome and super simple tutorial where you can see how to make hard-boiled eggs in your Instant Pot.
looking for more hard boiled egg recipes?
- High Protein Egg Salad with Cottage Cheese
- Classic Egg Salad
- How to Cook Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
- Mom’s Easy Potato Salad Side Dish
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!