We love casseroles in our family and this one is always a big hit. With all the flavors of a cheeseburger baked into this dish, we guarantee you will love it too.
Optional Ingredients for Cheeseburger Casserole
There’s really no wrong way to eat a hamburger! Some like it topped with pickles, others with onions and mustard, and this casserole is no different.
This ground beef casserole has been in our family and on our blog for years. We have tweaked it so many times and have had a lot of readers share their own versions.
Here are a few ingredients we’ve added over the years to make this hamburger casserole even more delicious. Add what your family will love and make it your own!
- Diced Tomatoes
- BBQ Sauce
- Chopped pickles
- Worcestershire sauce
- Topped with ketchup
- Montreal Seasoning (or your favorite hamburger seasoning!)
Converting Cheeseburger Casserole to a Freezer Meal:
Making this now but not eating it until later? That’s totally fine! This cheeseburger casserole can easily be converted into a freezer meal. Here’s how you do it:
- You will need a freezer safe dish to prepare your meal. We would recommend these Aluminum Pans because they come with lids.
- Prepare your cheeseburger casserole according to the directions, up until the step to place your casserole in the oven.
- Cover your casserole with the lid, or aluminum foil, and place in the freezer. We’d recommend labeling your casserole with the title of the recipe, date you created it, and cooking instructions like as follows:
Cheeseburger Casserole / 04/18/2018 / Thaw in the fridge for 24 hours, bake at 350 for 20 minutes. This labeling will help you avoid the mystery of trying to figure out which frozen noodle dish you are pulling out of your fridge and how long it’s been in there. It’s also helpful when giving to neighbors or friends.
- When ready to cook, remove casserole from freezer and thaw in your fridge for 24 hours. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, just as the directions say.
What to serve with Cheeseburger Casserole:
We love pairing this Cheeseburger Casserole with a green salad, just like you would any other pasta dish. Here are a few of our favorites:
Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
In this video we’re making our One Pot Cheesy Chicken Alfredo, another comfort food favorite!