Muddy Buddies remind us of family time together. It’s the perfect treat to take to the Drive-In movie, pool parties,game nights, movie nights, picnics, a day at the beach, a road trip.
The list goes on and on and it’s always a favorite snack no matter the occasion. And they are always connected to happy family time.
The best part about these delicious muddy buddies is that they are simple and come together in a few minutes. We have a secret ingredient that gives them a little extra flavor – Strawberry Cake Mix.
can you adapt this recipe for other holidays or parties?
Easter Bunny Muddy Buddies can easily be adapted to any holiday or party. Here are a few ideas.
- Switch out the M&M’s candy to colors in season. You can even special order certain M&M colors for special occasions.
- Sixlets come in many colors and you can also order them in certain colors.
- Switch out the cake mix to another flavor or leave out all together and add in an extra 1/3 cup of powdered sugar.
- Cadbury Eggs are pastel in the spring. They come in Christmas colors for the holidays.
Chex cereal comes in so many flavors, but here are some flavors that will work great with most add-ins.
- Corn Chex
- Vanilla Chex
- Honey Nut Chex
- Golden Grahams
how to make Easter Bunny Muddy Buddies
Easter Bunny Muddy Buddies are the perfect snack that come together so fast. It’s a tasty snack the whole family loves – old and young alike.
Here are some easy ingredients needed for these Muddy Buddies.
- Place Rice Chex cereal in a big mixing bowl.
- Melt the white chips in a microwave bowl. Be careful to place on “melt” setting on your microwave to chips don’t seize or burn.
- After the chips are melted, pour over dry cereal in bowl.
- Add in the powdered sugar and strawberry cake mix. Stir together well.
- Add in sprinkles, animal cookies, M&M’s, Sixlets, and Cadbury Eggs. Stir in gently so the cereal doesn’t break apart.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
helpful items used in this recipe
- Mixing Bowl Set – These nice mixing bowls have handles and a non skid bottom.
- 4 Cup Measuring Cup – These measuring cups are great for melting chocolate and boiling water in the microwave.
- Food Storage Container – The perfect container to keep your Muddy Buddies fresh.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
here are more delicious Muddy Buddies recipes
- Double Brownie Muddy Buddies
- Triple Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies
- Turtle Muddy Buddies
- Thin Mint Muddy Buddies
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch how easy it is to make Andes Mint Muddy Buddies.