Do you ever get in that “What’s for dinner” rut? We have come to your rescue with this delicious Crescent Roll Burrito Bake. It’s a tasty easy meal that can be on the table in 50 minutes, and most of that time is baking.
We like the simplicity of this recipe. The prep is so easy, and then stick it in the oven. While it’s cooking you can still get things done or help with homework.
We love the crescent roll dough as the crust. It’s thicker than a tortilla and full of flavor with the crescent roll. It was soft and chewy and downright amazing.
What are other add-in options for this recipe?
There are many variations you can use when making Crescent Roll Burrito Bake. We have talked to many readers that have given us so many suggestions. Look in your fridge and throw in those extra veggies or cheese options.
Here are some of our favorite Add-Ins:
- Salsa – fresh or bottled salsa goes well with burritos. Feel free to add it to the meat mixture or put it on top of each serving.
- Corn – canned corn is an easy add in to your hamburger mixture.
- Black Beans– we love black beans in all of our Mexican food recipes.
- Mexican Blend Cheese – our recipe calls for cheddar and Mozzarella cheese. But kick it up a notch with a shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- Sour Cream – sour cream is great served with burritos as a topping.
how to make crescent roll burrito bake
Very few ingredients are needed for our Crescent Roll Burrito Bake. They are ingredients we usually have on hand.
Cook the hamburger with the diced onion on med/high heat until hamburger is cooked through and no longer pink. Be sure to drain the grease well.
Add the refried beans and taco seasoning to the hamburger mixture and mix well until combined. Set aside.
Unroll the crescent dough sheet and press into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Press the dough to cover the bottom and up the sides an inch or so.
Spoon the meat mixture over the crust and gently spread around to cover the entire crust. Then sprinkle the cheese over the top of the meat mixture.
Place in an oven heated to 350 and bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Then add your shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and sliced olives to the top of the burrito bake. Serve warm.
Be ready for the kids to ask for seconds on the fantastic dinner. Crescent Roll Burrito Bake will be a regular in your meal rotation.
Helpful items when making Crescent Roll Burrito Bake
- Ground Meat Chopper – This will be your new best friend when cooking hamburger.
- 9 x 13 inch Glass Pan– We love using a glass pan to see how golden the crescent roll dough is.
- Cooking Skillet– This is a very nice cooking skillet that cooks evenly.
- Knife Set– A great knife set is perfect when chopping the veggies.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
side dishes to go with crescent roll burrito bake
- Slow Cooker Corn On the Cob
- Spanish Brown Rice
- Parmesan Peas
- Grandma’s 5 Cup Creamy Fruit Salad
- Walnut Pear Salad
Adapted from Taste of Home
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Check out how to make these delicious 7 Layer Dip Bean Burritos