Breakfast food is the way to my heart! Give me everything dunked in syrup, slathered in ketchup and cooked in bacon grease. Maybe not all at once, but have you really had bad breakfast food ever?
We love most things bite size but bite size breakfast has got to be our new favorite! We took our inspiration from our Homemade French Toast Sticks for this yummy recipe.
What’s the best bread for french toast?
We typically go with the thick Texas Toast bread for our french toast recipes, but any thick, slightly stale bread works great.
French bread or homemade bread are probably the next best choice! If you choose to use bread that is not pre-sliced, keep your slices thick, but not too thick or they won’t soak up your egg mixture.
How to make cinnamon french toast bites
- Cut each slice of bread into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, whipping cream, milk, vanilla, 1 Tablespoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. After butter is melted, dip each piece of bread in egg mixture, let excess drip off and place in saucepan.
- Saute your french toast bites until they begin to golden. You won’t be able to cook all of the bread at one time, so work with just enough pieces to fill the bottom layer of the pan.
- Once one side is golden brown, flip over and cook the other side until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together remaining sugar, cinnamon and brown sugar. Transfer hot french toast bites to bowl and toss in cinnamon and sugar mixture until coated.
- Serve with syrup and sprinkled with more sugar and cinnamon.
What do I serve with french toast bites?
Here’s what we’ll be having for breakfast with our french toast bites!
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
In this video we’re making Pecan French Toast, perfect for breakfast too!