We’ve teamed up with our friends from Kroger to bring you a little taste of Italy straight to your home.
I took a traditional favorite and added a sweet-tooth spin to make this decadent chocolate lasagna. Not only does it look fantastic, but it’ll have your guests raving as well.
Did I mention it is so simple to make? Because it really is. You will be amazed by how quick and simple this recipe is.
how to make chocolate lasagna:
- First, you’ll need one 8×8″ prepared cake. I found this Ghirardelli Double Chocolate PREMIUM Cake Mix at the Ralph’s in Downtown Los Angeles, and I knew it would be the perfect chocolate layer in my “lasagna.”
It was smaller in size (12.75 oz), but it was exactly what I needed.
- After it is baked, dump it onto a serving plate or platter, and using a long serrated knife, cut off the top if it is uneven (you’ll want to even layers so your lasagna isn’t lopsided).
I had little helpers in the kitchen that enjoyed eating the uneven layers.
- Then using the same knife, cut your cake into two layers, setting one aside for later.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, and cool whip. Spread half the mixture on top of the chocolate layer.
- Heat caramels and evaporated milk over medium heat, mixing constantly until smooth. Pour half the caramel mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- If you don’t want to make your own caramel sauce (we do highly recommend it however), you could use a caramel sauce that you put over ice cream.
- The sauce won’t be as thick, or as delicious, but it is a shortcut you could take, if needed.
- Repeat layers, then top with chocolate shavings and VOILA. Chocolate lasagna is served.
Watch How To Make A Favorite Dessert recipe, Here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars taste like the real deal. If you know, you know. Watch how simple and delicious they are to make, here:
Looking for more Chocolate desserts? here are a few of our favorite:
- Copycat Wendy’s Chocolate Frosty
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!
*This post was sponsored by Kroger, but all views and opinions are my own.