how to cook a steak perfectly over the grill:
I love a good grilled steak, however it is a little intimidating to me. I usually have my husband grill the meats, because I get scared to burn or overcook meat on the grill.
However, I came across some tips and tricks to help you perfectly cook your meat, depending on how you like it.
Here are a few tips to remember as you grill your steak to your perfect preference of doneness.
- Cutting into steaks while cooking them, should be illegal. It makes the steak dry out, cooks the steak longer than you want, and releases all those juices that have been cooking up in the steak, tenderizing it.
Here are a few ways to know when you steak is done cooking (from the outside), to know how it is on the inside.
I also cook all my steaks on medium low temperature. I am all about that low and slow method, to keep the juices inside, and cook it thoroughly, while keeping it tender and juicy.
- Rare: Seared on the outside, with a slight pinkish red color in the middle of the steak, meaning the edges looked cooked, but the center of the steak isn’t quite a full brown color. The internal temperature should also be about 125 degrees F.
- Medium Rare: Seared on the outside, with a slightly reddish pink middle. It should be a little firm to the touch in the middle. The internal temperature should also be around 135 degrees F.
- Medium: Cooked until slightly firm, and hardened outside, with no pink or red center. Takes about 3 minutes on each side to cook. The internal temperature should be around 145 degrees F.
- Medium Well: Internal temperature should be at about 150 degrees F. The edges should be slightly black, and the steak should be pretty firm to the touch. It shouldn’t squish or wiggle in the middle at all.
- Well: Crisp edges with an internal temperature of 160+ degrees F.
could i use this rub on other meats?
I love this rub for steaks, however you could easily use this recipe for other meats. It would be delicious with:
- Steak Fajitas
Watch how to make another delicious grilled recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I love a good grilled chicken recipe, but this Grilled Lemon Chicken is so tender and juicy. It’s also incredibly easy to throw together. Watch how to make this simple grilled chicken dish, here:
looking for more grilled dinner ideas? here are a few of our favorite:
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!