Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite dishes, but it can be labor intensive and let’s be honest – at the end of a busy day, I am not really in the mood to spend more than 20 minutes on dinner. 😉
I love this dish because I can toss it all together and let it cook – very little effort on my part, but it tastes like I have spent all day making a delicious dinner.
This recipe uses cooked shredded chicken (a rotisserie chicken that you pick up at the grocery store on your way home from work will be perfect for this dish!) instead of breading chicken and frying it before cooking it.
Tips for making this Chicken Parmesan Pasta Casserole:
- Any type of pasta will work for this dish – I like penne pasta, but bowtie (farfalle) noodles are great, ziti noodles are delicious, and I have even used elbow macaroni! Use what you have available.
- You can use any type of cooked, shredded chicken in this recipe (like a rotisserie chicken), but another option is to use breaded chicken tenders for a more authentic chicken parm taste. Just cook the frozen tenders as directed and cut up to use in the dish.
- You could also use leftover grilled chicken in this dish.
- Because this dish has so few ingredients, using high quality and fresh ingredients whenever possible will make a HUGE difference in the taste and quality. I would recommend using fresh basil and fresh grated Parmesan cheese for the best results! This also prefer using this bottled marinara sauce or this one.
How to make Chicken Parmesan Casserole:
This dish could not be easier!
Cook pasta al dente as directed on package. Since you will be baking the noodles in the oven, you don’t want them to get mushy by over-boiling them – al dente is the way to go!
Toss the cooked pasta with the cooked chicken and marinara sauce, then layer it with the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
Top it with some fresh basil, throw it in the oven, and dinner is done!
It’s easy enough for a busy weeknight, but delicious enough to serve for Sunday dinner!
Need a quick and easy side dish to serve with this casserole? Make our Homemade 30 Minute Rolls – they really only take 30 minutes from start to finish!
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
What to serve with Chicken Parmesan Casserole:
- Homemade French Bread
- Fresh Berry Salad
- Italian Fresh Green Salad
- Italian Roasted Carrots
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
Recipe from Gimme Some Oven