Everybody loves chicken parmesan, but have you tried Chicken Parmesan Manicotti?
It’s all of our favorite chicken parm flavors stuffed into a delicious manicotti shell. This recipe has been picky eater approved and is sure to make your family happy!
Tips when Making Manicotti
Now, if you have never made manicotti, it is MUCH easier than it looks! Here are a few tips I have when making manicotti.
- Cook the noodles BEFORE you fill them. If you fill them up when they are hard, they won’t cook evenly. I stick them in a pot of boiling water and cook them for however long the directions say to on the box. Don’t cook them too long because you still want them a little al dente so you can fill them up.
- When filling manicotti, I like to use a plastic baggie that can zip. I fill it up, then cut a corner of the bag and fill up your manicotti. Do one side of the manicotti, then turn and fill up the other side! When you are done, just throw the bag away.
- Make sure when cooking that manicotti in the oven, that every part of the noodles are covered with sauce. If there are noodle parts exposed, then those will parts will get hard in the oven.
- Want to make this ahead of time? Prepare everything up until it’s time to bake, cover with foil, and stick it in your fridge for up to 24 hours. Your noodles may soak up some liquid, but that will help them become soft when baking.
- This recipe calls for skim ricotta cheese, but if you aren’t a fan of ricotta cheese, you could easily substitute it for cottage cheese. Or you could even make it with 1/2 ricotta and 1/2 cottage cheese. I didn’t put a lot of cheese on the top of my manicotti, but you could easily put a lot more on there.
What you will need to make chicken manicotti:
- Manicotti: We use Barilla brand noodles, but store brand will work too. We start with uncooked shells and quickly cook them slightly. Like mentioned above, make sure not to cook them all the way to avoid them getting soggy.
- Ziploc Bags: These will come in handy when filling your manicotti shells. We’d recommend the ones that close to avoid making a mess.
- 9×13″ Pan: If you are cutting this recipe in half, a 9×9″ pan will work for this recipe.
- Foil: Whether making ahead of time or storing leftovers, cover your pan tight with foil and place it on a level surface in the refrigerator.
What to serve with Parmesan Chicken Manicotti
- Easy Garlic Breadsticks
- Easy Homemade French Bread
- Stir Fried Zucchini
- Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad
- Italian Roasted Vegetable Medley
In this video we make our Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread. This will go perfect with your Chicken Parmesan Manicotti!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!