This recipe has been a family favorite for a long time. It comes together in less than an hour. It’s a great make ahead meal.
Chicken Crescent Casserole calls for 2 chicken breasts already cooked. We will often cook the chicken ahead of time. A rotisserie chicken also works great in this recipe.
This recipe is great served right when it comes out of the oven. The cheese melts on the top of the chicken stuffed crescent rolls.
This is a great recipe if you need to take a meal to a friend or neighbor. It’s so easy to make and tastes amazing.
what types of prepared chicken can be used in this casserole?
We used 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts in this recipe. We cooked them ahead of time and then the recipe comes together so quickly.
You can easily used canned chicken chunks for Chicken Crescent Casserole. Any brand works great.
A cooked rotisserie chicken found in most grocery stores is another easy option to make this recipe simpler. Just pull the meat off of the bone and dice into bite sized pieces.
Another chicken option is frozen cooked chicken chunks in the freezer section at the grocery store. Some are seasoned and would taste great in this casserole.
Can you make this casserole ahead of time?
When we know we have a busy evening running kids back and forth with all of their activities, it’s nice to have dinner all prepared and ready to stick in the oven.
Chicken Crescent Casserole is so easy to prepare ahead of time and place it in the fridge. When ready to eat, just pull it out and cook.
When making this casserole ahead of time, follow the recipe directions as posted. But when it’s time to stick in the oven, cover with foil and place in the fridge. Then removed foil when ready to bake.
It’s such an easy and tasty casserole that the whole family loves. And if you need to feed a crowd, it’s a super easy recipe to double.
how to make Chicken Crescent Casserole
Just a few simple ingredients needed for this amazing Chicken Crescent Casserole.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 9 inch pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Mix the soup, cream cheese, and milk together in a saucepan over medium heat until cheese is melted and then set aside.
- For the filling, use a large mixing bowl and combine the cream cheese with butter until smooth and then add in garlic powder.
- Then add in the onion and cooked chicken and mix until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon out some of the soup mixture from the saucepan into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and place a heaping Tablespoon of the chicken mixture on the big end of the crescent roll. Roll up starting on the big end where the chicken mixture was placed.
- Then place them in the baking dish.
- When all the rolls are placed in the dish, spoon the rest of the cheese soup mixture over all of the chicken stuffed crescents.
- Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese. Place in the oven and bake.
For the full recipe see below for ingredient amounts and exact directions.
helpful items used in this recipe
- 9 x 9 inch Baking Dish – This baking dish is a favorite and well made.
- Saucepan – This pan comes with a glass lid. We love the measurements on side of pan.
- Mixing Bowl– We use this bowl all the time. Great for cookie dough and cakes.
IF YOU LOVE THIS chicken crescent casserole, BE SURE TO TRY SIX SISTERS BAKED HONEY CHICKEN TENDERS. THEY ARE AMAZING.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
Here are more tasty chicken recipes for you
- Maple Dijon Glazed Chicken
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- Italian Chicken Pasta Salad
- Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Homemade Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch Kristen show you how easy it is to make Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders.