Each Sunday night, I plan out all my dinners for the upcoming week.
I always ask my kids what they want for dinner and their go-to answer is “CHICKEN ALFREDO!”
They are definitely my children . . . creamy sauce over a bed of pasta? Yes please!
If you love Alfredo as much as we do, you might want to check out our favorite Alfredo recipes:
- Slow Cooker Easy Alfredo
- Mushroom Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- One Pot Cheesy Chicken Alfredo
- Chicken Alfredo DIP
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo French Bread Pizza
However, most Alfredo sauce is filled with butter and heavy cream. And sometimes jarred Alfredo sauce has some mystery ingredients that I am not sure what they are.
I decided that for this casserole I would use our Homemade Alfredo sauce that has been lightened up. Instead of using butter and heavy cream, the base of this sauce is cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
This Alfredo sauce is so creamy and flavorful that you won’t even know you are saving yourself some extra calories!
This homemade sauce worked perfectly for this casserole. But if you don’t have time to make sauce from scratch, you can definitely use jarred Alfredo sauce.
How to make your own lightened up alfredo sauce:
- Start by placing milk, low fat cream cheese, flour and salt in a blender and blend it until it is completely smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, melt one tablespoon of butter and garlic for a minute. Whisk in the blended milk mixture, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes.
- Continue stirring the sauce over heat until it reaches your desired thickness, then mix in Parmesan cheese.
- Once your sauce is ready, it’s time to assemble the casserole!
How to make chicken alfredo tortellini casserole:
Combine Alfredo sauce, cooked chicken, frozen tortellini, chicken broth, frozen vegetables and seasonings in a large 9 x 13″ baking pan.
Mix it all together right in the pan and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Remove pan from the oven, remove the foil, and sprinkle with fresh shredded Parmesan cheese. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Be sure to try another delicious Alfredo recipe. Our One Pot Cheesy Chicken Alfredo is a family favorite.
Looking for more delicious recipes?
Check out our newest cookbook: Copycat Cooking! We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
What to serve with Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Casserole:
- Sheet Pan Garlic Breadsticks
- Homemade Pizza Factory Breadsticks
- Easy Homemade Caesar Salad and Dressing
- Grandma’s Creamy 5 Cup Salad
- Fresh Italian Salad
Recipe adapted from The Seasoned Mom