Cheesy BBQ Meatballs come together in no time at all. That’s what makes it the perfect meal on a busy night. You can do a lot of prep ahead of time.
They look so nice you can WOW your guests as you serve them at a party.
These cheesy bbq meatballs are a no fail recipe that requires a little mixing and baking. So easy!
Be sure to get these on your dinner time meal rotation, or if you are hosting a crowd on game day.
These meatballs are baked. No frying involved. Loaded with so much flavor and a delicious bbq sauce drizzled over the top.
meatballs from scratch vs frozen meatballs
We often use frozen meatballs in recipes. They are convenient and so easy to use. But the flavor of homemade meatballs cannot be beat.
Pre packaged frozen meatballs don’t even compare to a good homemade meatball.
We have found that homemade meatballs are juicier and more flavorful than pre-packaged store bought meatballs.
It’s totally worth a few extra minutes of your time to make these meatballs from scratch rather than use the store bought ones.
how to make Cheesy BBQ Meatballs
Some regular household ingredients are all you need for this simple and delicious meatball recipe.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. While oven is warming, mix together the diced tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce, and onion powder in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and lightly spray with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the meat, egg, crackers, cheese, and remaining barbecue sauce until blended.
- Roll hamburger into 1 inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until done.
- While the meatballs are cooking, place tomato/bbq sauce mixture in a saucepan and heat over med/low heat until it barely starts to boil. Stir well.
- Place cooked meatballs over a bed of rice or mashed potatoes. Pour bbq mixture over the top.
- You can also place the meatball and bbq mixture in a slow cooker that is on LOW heat. This is a great way to serve cheesy bbq meatballs at a party.
- This is the ideal party food or great for dinner. Our kids loved slow cooker meatballs with bbq sauce.
Items needed to make Cheesy BBQ Meatballs
- Rimmed Cookie Sheet – A great cookie sheet that comes in a 2 pack.
- Mixing Bowl Set – These mixing bowls come in a set of 4 with airtight lids.
- Slow Cooker – Great 6 quart slow cooker with a locking lid. Great for transporting food.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
Here are more delicious meatballs recipes you will enjoy:
- Salisbury Steak Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs
- Sweet and Savory Turkey Meatballs
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch how easy it is to make the best meatballs in 4 simple ways.