We’ve been eating low carb around here in preparation for the wedding and let me tell you, it is NOT fun. All I want are Christmas treats.
I’ve been messing around with a few low carb recipes and finally found one that I will probably make even when we aren’t watching our carb intake.
how to make cashew chicken
- In a pan over medium heat, roast cashews until golden brown. I didn’t add any oil to them. I just let them cook in a pan until they started to get golden spots on them. You could add a little oil if you desire, but you don’t want soggy cashews.
- Remove cashews from pan and set aside.
- Add canola oil and chicken (diced into one inch pieces) to pan and cook until chicken is completely cooked through. Be sure you are using thawed chicken and not frozen. The frozen chicken will take longer to cook and be dry.
- Add peppers, onions, and garlic to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until peppers begin to soften.
- Add the sunflower oil, white rice vinegar, garlic sauce, soy sauce, ginger, salt, and pepper and stir until sauce thickens.
- Mix in cashews and mix until coated in sauce (there won’t be a lot of sauce left in the pan.)
- Serve over rice or noodles. We served ours over cauliflower rice to keep with the low carb theme.
- You could also serve this over zoodles (zucchini noodles).
looking for recipe shortcuts?
The best part of this dish is the roasted cashews, obviously, but the creamy sauce and fresh green peppers put it over the top.
However, I think my favorite ingredient used in this recipe are the freeze dried onions, and freeze dried minced garlic that I found at my local Kroger Store. They are usually found by the spices.
Once put into any type of moisture they immediately return to their original state and taste exactly like fresh would.
So if you hate chopping onions or mincing garlic, be sure to check out those products (That was not a sponsored thing, I for reals am just obsessed with them). They honestly make cooking a breeze.
Because of that little shortcut, this recipe was ready in 15 minutes, which is all I have to spare this time of year.
watch how to make our other favorite Asian inspired dish
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes your family will love. Each one is tried and true, so you know even your picky eaters will love it.
Watch how to make our favorite, Copycat PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps, here:
looking for more asian inspired recipes?
- Sesame Asian Steak Skewers
- Asian Beef and Snow Peas
- Baked Asian Zucchini
- Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Chicken
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
Recipe Adapted from Keto Connect
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!