We are loving these gooey bars that are loaded with chocolate and caramel. We served them at the baby shower a few weeks ago for our cute cousin Kassia.
They make a perfect dessert for a summer BBQ or a fun party. If you are looking for a simple, delicious, and gooey treat, then this is the one you need to try.
They are so easy to make, and nobody will be able to resist them. They are so full of sweet chocolatey caramel flavor, and taste amazing.
They are also very rich, so we recommend having a class of milk near.
tips on how to make caramel chocolate chip cookie bars:
This is a pretty simple recipe, however, we do have a few helpful tips, to make this recipe a perfect success.
- Make the caramel by adding unwrapped caramels and cream into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 20 second intervals stirring until all are melted and smooth. Set aside.If you want to skip the unwrapping step, I also recommend using the caramel bits, that are usually found on the chocolate chip aisle.
When you melt caramels, be sure you stir regularly, to prevent burning caramel, or crystalizing it.
If you are melting it over the stove, be sure you are continually stirring, because the stove cooks from the bottom, and your caramel is sure to burn it not paid full attention to.
- I love using browned butter in my recipes. This recipe calls for melted butter, but I also like to brown it a little. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir often until it becomes brown in color.
This will take about 6 minutes. It will start to foam, then reduce down and then start to foam again.
When it starts to brown, stir constantly so it doesn’t burn.When it’s done the foam is light brown. Remove from heat and let cool for about 5-7 minutes.
Once cool, pour butter into a large mixing bowl.
Add sugar and brown sugar and mix with a hand mixer on low speed until combined. You can also do this with a wooden spoon. Set aside for a few minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
Add eggs into the cooked butter mixture and mix on low setting or by hand. Add in vanilla extract to the mixture.Add flour mixture with the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan with non stick cooking spray.
Press half of the cookie dough into the prepared pan.
Go up the sides of the pan about 1/4 -1/2 inch. Spread and pat down the dough with hands until bottom of pan is completely covered.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the cookie dough. Place the Hershey bar pieces over the caramel layer. You could also use any candy bar you love.I personally love just plain chocolate with this, but you could do peanut butter cups, Kit Kats, Rolos, Snickers, etc.
- Place flattened pieces of the remaining cookie dough all over the chocolate pieces until mostly covered. (there will be spots that aren’t covered). Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until golden brown. Cool and slice into bars.
Did you know we have a youtube channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, you just have to try!
They are all family favorites, that are easy to make, inexpensive, and taste amazing.
If you are looking for a quick dinner, side dish, dessert, or drink recipe, check out our channel, because we have you covered.
We love the chocolate and caramel combination. Are you looking for another dessert like this?
Watch how to make our favorite Snickers Brownie Trifle recipe, here:
looking for more of our favorite cookie recipes?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!