Growing up our mom always had an after school snack waiting for us. Some days it was graham crackers and chocolate frosting, warm chocolate chip cookies, or apples and string cheese.
But my very favorite thing to come home to we’re Rice Krispie Treats. They are such a classic and childhood favorite that I still crave them to this day.
I decided to put a tasty little twist on them, and combine my two favorite desserts: Rice Krispie Treats, Funfetti Cake.
They are a match made in Heaven. These Cake Batter Rice Krispie treats are so tasty and incredibly easy to make. They only require a few simple ingredients and taste absolutely amazing.
How to Make Creamy Funfetti Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats:
These are so simple and you can throw this recipe together in a matter of minutes. Here is how:
- Step 1: Spray a 9×13 inch pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside. You could double the recipe very easily and use a cookie sheet, but I love the thickness of the 9×13 pan.
- Step 2: In a large pot (I used a stock pot). Melt your butter, marshmallows and vanilla on low heat, stirring continually. It is so important that the heat is on low, because the marshmallows can burn quickly and be sticky and tough, rather than soft and light. As soon as the marshmallows are completely melted, remove from heat.
- Step 3: Immediately add the funfetti frosting and stir and fold until well combined.
- Step 4: Pour in the Rice Krispies and immediately stir and fold making sure the cereal is evenly covered. Be sure to scrap the bottom of the pot and fold it on top to ensure full and even coverage of the cereal.
- Step 5: Press the Rice Krispie treats into the prepared pan. Sprinkle on more colorful sprinkles.
- Step 6: Let them cool for 20 minutes, slice and enjoy. You can also garnish them with a little funfetti cake mix, but I love them as is.
What other cereal could I make this recipe with?
I have only used Rice Krispies but I’m sure it would taste delicious with:
- Golden Grahams
- Frosted Flakes
- Lucky charms
- Any vanilla or plain cereal
Could I make this recipe using large marshmallows?
You could but I prefer to use the mini ones because they melt faster and more even.
Could this recipe be made with other frosting flavors?
I have only made these with funfetti frosting but I am sure they would be delicious with a chocolate or lemon frosting.
Watch how to make another cereal treat here:
Check out our Youtube Channel for more simple and delicious recipes, you are sure to love.
Looking for more cereal desserts? Here are a few of our favorite:
- Gooey Almond and Coconut Chex Mix
- Lemon Chex Mix
- Chex Funfetti Cake Batter Buddies
- White Chocolate Monster Munch Mix
- Lucky Cereal Bars
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!