Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Blondies are a combo of our favorite flavors and desserts rolled into one amazing bar. They have the yumminess of butterscotch cookie, mixed with a chocolate chip Congo bar, then throw in a big handful of marshmallows to add sweet and chewy to the mix.
It’s a bite of heaven when you sink your teeth into these Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Blondies. And there is really no way you can fail when making these. Just mix them all together and bake. Ovens vary, so cook until golden brown and set in the center. Great recipe for beginning cooks.
Years ago Nordstrom department store used to sell a delicious bar in the Nordstrom cafe called the Nordy Bar. Our mom remembers trying one, and our Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Blondies have a lot of those same flavors. Our homemade version might even be a little bit better.
We looked all over trying to get the right amount of ingredients combing so many random recipes and ideas. We think you will love the finished blondie.
how do you store these blondies after baking?
Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Blondies are so easy to store, and a great recipe that you can make ahead of time and freeze. We have had some in our fridge for the past 5 days in an airtight container.
We will share a little secret with you. We love to take them from the fridge and place them on a plate. Microwave them for about 30-40 seconds. YUM! It’s like they just came out of the oven all over again.
These freeze well in a freezer bag or an airtight freezer container. Then you can easily pull them out and thaw when ready to serve. They will need to thaw for about 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
try these other delicious add-ins to the blondies
After reading over so many recipes to come up with the perfect bar for us, we realized there were so many variations of this recipe. You can add in just about anything to your liking. We are excited to try some of these add in variations-
- Chopped nuts
- Candy pieces – such as M&M’s, chopped candy bars
- Shredded coconut
- Heath Toffee Bits
- Kraft Caramel Bits
how to make Butterscotch chocolate chip blondies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 inch glass pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and brown sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Then beat in the eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Then add in the salt, baking powder, flour, 3/4 cup chocolate chips, 3/4 cup butterscotch chips, and 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows. Mix just until combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and butterscotch chips over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and set in the middle.
- Cool for about 30 minutes before slicing.
For the full ingredient amounts and instructions, scroll down on this post for the entire recipe.
OUR NEWEST COOKBOOK
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
helpful items used in these blondies
- Mixing Bowl Set – A favorite set of 4 Pyrex bowls with colored lids.
- 9 x 13 Glass Pan – This set comes with a 9 x 13 and a square pan, both with lids.
- Wooden Mixing Spoons – We love mixing blondies with a nice wooden spoon.
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
more blondie recipes for you to enjoy
We love blondies and want to share more recipes with you.
- Banana Nut Blondies with Maple Frosting
- Applebee’s Copycat Maple Butter Blondies
- Cookies and Cream Oreo Blondies
- Whopper Blondie Bars
- Snickerdoodle Blondies
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch how easy it is to make these NO BAKE Reese’s Fudge Bars.