The other night I had some of my nieces and nephews over for a sleepover and decided that we needed a late night snack.
In an effort to keep things simple, I looked in my pantry and found a box of brownie mix. I was in the mood for cookies (they cook faster than brownies and when you are entertaining hungry kids, time is everything!) and so I did a quick Google search and found that you can make cookies from a BROWNIE MIX! I decided to put it to the test and see how they turned out.
After making a few batches over the weekend (gotta love recipe testing), I feel that this is the recipe to get the fluffiest, chewiest, and fudgiest cookies possible. They are simple and delicious!
Add in whatever mix-ins you want and make these cookies your own.
Ingredients needed for brownie cookies:
The ingredients in these cookies are simple – you probably have all of them on hand right now!
- box of brownie mix (I used an 18.4 ounce Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie mix)
- all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of mix-ins of your choice (I used mini baking M & M’s candies)
Tips for making brownie mix cookies
These cookies are fairly simple to make and are perfect for kids or beginner cooks. Here are a few tips to help you make the best cookies possible:
- Every brownie mix is a different size. I used an 18.4 ounce brownie mix, but some will be more or less. Feel free to add a little more or a little less flour as needed
- In order to get thick, fudgy cookies, you need to keep the balls of cookie dough stacked high (don’t flatten them down). I like to use a cookie scoop to help them have that perfect round shape and to make them all the same size every time
- Be sure not to overbake these cookies! If anything, underbake them just a little bit and then let them cool – they will be so fudgy and good on the inside!
- Feel free to add in your favorite mix-ins: chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, any kind of nuts, sprinkles, or even roll the cookie dough in powdered sugar for a crinkle cookie.
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
More of our favorite cookie recipes:
- Grasshopper Mint Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies
- The Best Chewy Chocolate Chips Cookies
- Soft Vanilla Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
Here we are sharing 4 of our favorite cookie recipes!