We loved Friday nights when we were growing up because that usually meant pizza and movie night. It was fun to have all of us together making this easy BBQ Chicken Pizza.
The best part was that is came together in only 10 minutes. It is also the perfect dinner on those super busy days when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
We have a few shortcuts for you in making this BBQ Chicken Pizza come together in 10 minutes. Rest assured that it is healthier than hitting the drive up window for a burger.
This easy pizza starts with a soft pita bread to serve as your thick and chewy pizza crust. Then you add on a delicious bbq sauce to serve as your pizza sauce. Then top with shredded Mozzarella cheese, grilled chicken breast chunks, and thin slices of tasty red onion.
If you love BBQ Chicken pizza, be sure to check out more of our delicious pizza recipes such as Cheesy Pizza Roll, Pepperoni Pizza Rolls, Spinach Artichoke Pizza, and Copycat Papa John’s Pizza.
We love BBQ Chicken Pizza and we often take shortcuts using store bought BBQ sauce. There are so many brands of BBQ Sauce and most of them are very tasty.
But you can never beat a delicious homemade BBQ sauce. You will love this tasty homemade BBQ Sauce using ingredients you may already have on hand.
Homemade bbq sauce is usually made from a blend of tomatoes, spices, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar. Then you simmer it all together to get a thick and rich sauce that is perfect for any bbq.
It’s so tasty and this recipe is good in other recipes that call for bbq sauce.
shortcuts you can take when making bbq chicken pizza in 10 minutes
Many of the ingredients used in this BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe are simple and tasty shortcuts. We want to share them with you, but you could easily use these same ingredients and prepare them your way. These are just quick and easy ideas you may want to implement.
- Using Pita Flat Bread as your pizza crust is the perfect soft crust for any pizza lover.
- Store bought BBQ Sauce is a quick and easy way to give your pizza an excellent flavor.
- We purchased precooked grilled chicken strips. All we had to do was cut them into the size we wanted for our BBQ Chicken Pizza.
- Did you know that you can buy diced red onion at most grocery stores? It’s just another way that you can save yourself a little time if you don’t want to slice your own red onion.
- We like to use shredded Mozzarella cheese in the cheese section of the store. You can buy it in the block and shred it yourself.
These are just a few ways we have found to make your dinner time madness a little easier.
ingredients used in BBQ chicken pizza in 10 minutes:
- 2 (6 inch) flat bread pitas
- Barbecue Sauce
- Red Onion
- Grilled Chicken
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
You can substitute any ingredients for something your family would prefer. This BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe is so flexible.
how to make bbq chicken pizza in 10 minutes:
- If your chicken is frozen, thaw slightly in the microwave for about 30 seconds so you can dice it.
- Place Pita Breads on a microwave plate.
- Spread the BBQ sauce evenly between both pitas. Spread with the back of a spoon close to the edge of each pita.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the BBQ sauce.
- Add cubed chicken and diced onion on top of the cheese.
- Microwave each BBQ Chicken Pizza separately for about 45-60 seconds until all cheese is melted.
- Cut each pita into 4 pieces and serve immediately while still warm.
- You can also place the pitas on a baking sheet and heat in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cheese is all melted.
can i used homemade pizza crust for this bbq chicken pizza?
You can definitely use homemade pizza crust when making this BBQ chicken pizza. You will need to make your pizza crust ahead of time.
The recipe and topping amounts are for 2 small pizzas. If your pizza crust recipe makes more dough than that, you could cut it in half, or double up on the toppings.
You will need to double this recipe if you were feeding more than 2-4 people. It’s so easy to double, triple, or even quadruple the toppings for this recipe.
We love the pita bread as the crust, and it’s very convenient. But homemade pizza crust is also a favorite. You’ll love our recipe for Pan Crust Pizza.
other toppings for bbq chicken pizza:
- Cooked and crumbled bacon
- Pineapple tidbits
- Spinach leaves
- Bell peppers
- Fresh cilantro
More of our favorite recipes
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home! This has been such a popular cookbook loaded with delicious recipes.
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
want more pizza recipes? Here are more of our favorites!
- Chicken Cordon Bleu French Bread Pizza
- Cheesy Pizza Roll
- Slow Cooker Pizza Bake
- Pizza Pasta Casserole
- Stuffed Pizza Rolls
- Easy Pizza Quesadillas