Our favorite BBQ Sauce
One of our most-asked questions is what BBQ Sauce we love to use with these. We love Stubbs (this isn’t sponsored, it’s just a favorite). It’s a much healthier option with only 25 calories per two tablespoons, and only 4 grams of sugar per serving.
How to make bbq chicken calzones
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp (you can also use bacon bits or pre-cooked bacon if you’re in a hurry). Remove bacon from pan, blot with paper towels and crumble.
- Add onion and shredded chicken to a pan with olive oil. Saute over medium heat until onion is tender. Stir in 1/2 cup barbecue sauce and remove from heat. Mix in crumbled bacon.
- Flatten out biscuit dough on a greased cookie sheet. Spread a teaspoon of barbecue sauce on each biscuit.Divide the chicken mixture between the biscuits, spreading on only half of each biscuit and keeping 1/2 inch away from the edge.
Sprinkle cheese and cilantro over top of each biscuit. Fold biscuits in half and press the edges together with a fork to seal (this is a great step that the kids can help with, too!).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with additional barbecue sauce for dipping.
Related Recipe: Our Quick and Easy Calzones are the perfect weeknight dinner for busy nights! Get the recipe HERE.
More delicious recipes
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
More BBQ Chicken Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Sweet BBQ Chicken
- BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Skinny BBQ Chicken Tostadas
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Copycat California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza