I love trying out new vegetables. It’s fun to get creative and try something that I usually don’t try.
My kids also like when I try new vegetables, because you can only have steamed broccoli so many times before you start to gag.
This Parmesan Spaghetti Squash is so simple and comes together in just minutes. If you are looking for a quick and healthy side dish, this is one I definitely recommend. It’s so easy to make and tastes amazing.
I had a similar recipe to this at a steak house once, but It was a little too buttery and fatty for me, that I decided to make a more skinny version, that tastes just as delicious. I have to say, I am very pleased with the outcome.
tips to making a perfect Parmesan Spaghetti squash:
- The first thing you will want to do with this recipe, is bake the spaghetti squash first, in water.
- The water will help soften the spaghetti squash from the outside in, from all the steam.
- To do this, I recommend placing your spaghetti squash in a pan of water (about 1/2 inch of water) and covering the pan with aluminum foil.
- You will then want to bake it for about 60 minutes, covered, to really get the spaghetti squash to soften.
- You can also rotate the spaghetti squash halfway through, to ensure it is cooked evenly and not soft on one side, and dry on the other.
- Once cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for about 20-30 minutes. It will be extremely hot.
- Once cooled, cut your spaghetti squash into slices. I usually get about 4-6 slices.
- Make your buttery base that will go on each slice of squash. It is so delicious with the butter, olive oil, and all the seasonings. You can also substitute the butter and oil for one or the other.
- I used a basting brush to spread out the mixture and seasonings, but you could also spoon it on.
- Sprinkle our parmesan cheese, and place back in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted.
Garnish with parsley if desired, and enjoy.
DID YOU KNOW WE HAVE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!