Behind the Scenes at Six Sisters’ Stuff with Photoshop Elements

adobe photoshop elements logo
The secret is out! We are so excited to {finally!} announce that we have partnered with Adobe Photoshop Elements as ambassadors to show you some of the exciting new things that Photoshop Elements has to offer. Stephanie (Sister #4) just got back from a fun-filled weekend in San Francisco learning the ins and outs of this new software, and we are so thrilled to be able to share some of our tips and tricks with you over the next few months!

For our blog, photography is SO important! A good photo of food can either make or break a recipe (especially when it comes to pinterest!!!). Even if it tastes amazing, a bad photograph scares people away! But today, we just wanted to give you a behind the scenes look at our photography methods – or the lack thereof 😉

This is a recipe from the other day, Avocado Chicken Enchiladas! When it comes to food photography, we are ALWAYS about natural lighting (which is really hard when it is raining outside and your post is supposed to go live in a few minutes!). About 90% of the time, our food pictures are taken outside! The other 10% of the time, they are taken inside in a naturally well-lit area of our houses. All of our husbands know – you can’t eat the food until a picture has been taken! haha 🙂

When it comes to equipment, we keep it as simple as possible. We all use the Canon Rebel T3 – it is not too complicated, and it does just enough to get a great-quality picture! We took a few photography classes, and with the help of some great books (like this one from Kristen Duke Photography), we were able to really learn how to work our cameras – and on manual, too! 🙂


One of the most important parts of our photographs are always the props! We are constantly on the lookout for fun plates, bowls, glasses, and place mats. We have had some great luck with daily deal stores, like Pick Your Plum, as well as at great stores like Ikea (for that wood placemat!) and Tai Pan Trading!

Avocado Chicken Enchiladas

And here is the finished picture! Now you’ve seen a little bit behind the scenes of Six Sisters’ Stuff! Stay tuned for more posts about Adobe Photoshop Elements!

Be sure to check out all the fun tips and tricks from our fellow ambassadors and the Photoshop Elements team!

Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Comment on this Post

3 Responses to “Behind the Scenes at Six Sisters’ Stuff with Photoshop Elements”

  1. Kelsey Apley
    Love this, I actually just bought the Photoshop Elements a few months back and I am playing with it! I agree Natural Light is perfect and makes things a lot easier and looks nicer, but it is always a plus to have a good photo program!!
  2. Hi, I would like to know more about making money with Recipe I don't understand how I can find out about the whole site? I copied the first section?the introduction, but I don't understand where I go next. Can you help me out ? Thanks, Mary

Leave a Reply to Brenna

Click here to cancel reply.